Our ecological commitments
We have put in place a global approach to reduce the impact of the campsite on the nature. Our approach has been certified and we were the 1st campsite of the region Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur to obtain the European Ecolabel. We also benefit from the environmental label ‘Clef verte’.
In concrete terms, read more about what we do since the takeover of the site :
- We water our hedges, trees and flowerbeds bya drop by drop watering system, fed by untreated agricultural water.
- Each rental accommodation is equipped with a monitoring meter, in order to detect possible leaks.
- The sanitary facilities, the public water taps and the rental accommodations are equipped with water savers. Our staff is trained to find leaks.
- The urinals (swimming pool, shared sanitary) are dry urinals.
- We no longer print and send paper brochures (less paper, no transport). We promote e-mail correspondence.
- We recommend outings and visits in nature. For your visual and acoustic comfort, all the pitches are separated by hedges. Traffic on site is prohibited from 10pm to 7.30am.
- We offer on sitebicycle hire. The snack bar offers coffee from fair trade and organic wine, organic syrups… and products are chosen to generate as less waste as possible.
- We offer a disabled access rental accommodation to welcome all types of guests under the best circumstances.
- We ask for your advice and suggestions to improve our ecological approach. We follow a quality approach and benefit from the label ‘Camping Qualité’.
- We propose you to participate in the carbon compensation of your journey up to the campsite, by planting a tree (4€ - forest ‘Lou Pantaï’ in Madagascar). For every 10 trees planted by customers, the campsite commits to planting a tree at its own costs.
- 100 % of the electricity we buy comes from renewable energy sources.
- Part of the hot water production of the sanitary facilities is ensured by solar energy (solar panels).
- The production of hot water is electric in the wooden lodges and the sanitary facilities, so there is no CO2 emission.
- The swimming pool is heated by solar panels and a heat pump in order to reduce the consumption of electric energy.
- All of the rentals, the sanitary facilities and the public lighting are equipped with low-energy bulbs.
- The electric devices (fridge, oven, etc.) of the lodges are classified in the EU energy rating A or A+.
- We use eco-responsible cleaning products.
- We do not use chemical but natural fertilisers.
- Part of the green waste is recycled for weaving or compost.
- We have planted more than 800 trees that are only local essences.
- We privilege the use of natural materials for our facilities (wooden sidings for the lodges, wooden play equipments etc...).
- The campsite roads and parking spaces are made with draining material, for easy water penetration.
- The campsite offers an area dedicated to selective waste sorting and a compost bin.
- The wooden lodges are equipped with selective waste bins.
- Dangerous waste and used food oils are stored a part and collected by specialised recycle companies.
- Our disposable sheets are recycled to wintering fabric for the local occupational integration garden.
- We recycle corks to the benefit of associations.
- We work in partnership with local associations oriented to social works or the environment for some of the work on site (landscaping) or some activities (ecological garden…).
- Every year, 2 € are taken from each stay, to finance a humanitarian act of international solidarity, in partnership with an NGO. In 2011: tourist training for adults in an eco-touristic structure in Benin. In 2012: a mission of preserving the biodiversity in Thailand. In 2013: help to create tourist circuits for a fishing community in Cambodia.
- With our chamber of commerce we have created a business club that we manage, in order to make environmental approaches easier to apply on the tourist sites of the Var.
- We intervene in the training of students in tourism at the University of Toulon.